Monday, July 27, 2009

Belly Buds

On Sunday nights before I go to bed, I always read in my pregnancy book the info page about what week I am in of my pregnancy. It's just nice to know what's going on in my body with me and the Jellybean. Last night I read that the baby can at this point distinguish light from dark, can taste, and can distinctly hear voices and music.

As I was falling asleep, I had this hilarious thought that both woke me up and made me laugh hysterically, waking Vince with curiosity. I was thinking about how I should play more music for Jellybean and thought, "Maybe I should put one earbud in my ear when I use my mp3 player and one earbud in my belly button." Hence...belly buds. Then I thought about what this would look like as I ride on the El.

Did I forget to mention that I was absolutely exhausted and would have found anything hilarious?!

7 comments:

Corvallis First UMC said...

That totally made me giggle. Start with some Ani and the weepies and of course the indigo girls...filter in some classics such as Aretha and perhaps joni and only then can you move to sufjan and death cab. ;)

Corvallis First UMC said...

Oh, and that's Courtney under the guise of her church...oops...

Self-Reliant Amazon said...

April, that's exactly what I did when Thumper was in utero. I couldn't afford the expensive music-belly things. So I would just put my earbuds beneath my belt and let it play as I rode the train, drove my truck, sat in the doctor's office and waited, flew around the country, etc. Once he got big enough, he would kick the buds out of place (hence the nickname Thumper) but I think he was just dancing! :)

Self-Reliant Amazon said...

Self-Reliant Amazon=Brandee

Wes, Charlotte & Brennan said...

Let Jellybean listen to music! B was a huge fan of Jamie Cullum and Seal - he still dances when he hears Seal - well, he wiggles, its just like dancing! Missed you last night!

Jess said...

Last night I told Rob I was going to do the exact same thing!! How funny- it must be this stage of the game. =)

fgb said...

I couldn't resist posting to your comment - My wife and I actually did the same thing about 3 yrs ago and guess what...I thought of the name BellyBuds too!

Well good news - they'll be available for purchase in just a few weeks - www.bellybuds.com!

Hope this finds you well!

Curtis Williams
Co-Founder of BellyBuds