Saturday, August 8, 2009

27 Weeks Pregnant



Amazingly enough that's where I am. 27 weeks pregnant. I have had a pretty easy going pregnancy up to this point. Nausea at the beginning, but that was more annoyance than problem. No major cravings, unless you count ketchup.

This past week my feet began to swell. My toes looked like Little Smokies, and I felt like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man when I walked. But I have only had one or two other swelling spells, especially since I'm hydrating and keeping my feet up any time I am sitting. My hips were killing me because I was sleeping so much on my sides, but then we got a new mattress. No more hip pain. Bending is taking more intention, but I can still tie my own shoes. I have to hold my breath, but that's beside the point!

We officially have another 13 weeks until the Jellybean joins our family, but we are starting to get ready. Yes, we are just now starting. We have a crib that needs painting. We've finally picked the bedding and such for the baby's room. We're working out childcare for a few months from now. We scheduling our hospital visit and newborn classes. There's so much to do, but I'm sure it will get done. Right?

2 comments:

Erin said...

You look great!

JB said...

Looking good girl!! Good thing you will still be in mostly sandals come November - no ties! :) Of course everyone else will be in boots, but I know you will be in sandals :)