Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our new Chicago home!

How's this for blogging power? Two days in a row? Some said it could never happen.

Vince and I officially have a residence in Chicago, IL. Vince signed the lease to this cute little two bedroom flat. We are on the third story.


We are in the Rogers Park neighborhood only a few blocks from the El (hooray!!! public transportation!!!) There are some major perks of this place, like laundry in the unit, new windows, ceiling fans, a garage spot for the car and a JACUZZI TUB! You Chicago folks should understand how it exciting it is to have all the above ammenities in one place.

In theory we are really ready to be residing in one location. This whole commuting between two states thing really stinks, but we aren't nearly packed enough for me to feel ready to move. The moving company is coming bright and early tomorrow to give us an estimate. Yes, we have graduated from moving ourselves. I guess when you buy a china cabinet, that's the moment you graduate! Or at least that's the moment when April finally says she's unwilling to lug the seriously heavy wood and glass cabinet up to the third story. Vince heads back to the D tomorrow to tackle the basement, two other rooms. Three weeks from today is my last day at work, and we have to be ready to move that next week. So, it's sneaking up on us.

If you want to see more pics of the apartment, just post me a note, and I will send you the link to our virtual tour.

2 comments:

JB said...

Looks like a great place! We woudl love to see more pics! I know thats a weight off your mind, and I am glad you got laundry within. Its just a matter of boxes now. I wish I could be more helpful - maybe I can find a time to come over sans Casey - he prefers to un-pack boxes so he isn't much help.

Fish On The Wall said...

So glad you got the apartment! Oh EXCUSE ME- the "flat" Please send new addy when you have a chance!

And hope all have healed & recovered. Hugs, Always, z