Friday, January 9, 2009

The Refrigerator Door

My refrigerator door has always been a place to display achievements. When I was very young, it was that piece of impressionist art that I painted...that no one knew what it was supposed to be. As I aged, it became those good grades I got on a paper or test. That continued even through graduate school.



The number of cute or interesting or personal magnets has increased, while the number of pizza magnets has decreased. This year as the Christmas cards rolled in, I started covering the fridge with my friends' "achievements," the photos of their kids. And the truth is this...no one else can have kids! I have run out of room on the fridge!



But seriously, I love seeing the lovely faces of the next generation on my fridge. It gives me great hope for our world!

4 comments:

Elissa said...

OK, we'll keep that in mind. =)

JB said...

you know some cute kiddos!

Wes, Charlotte & Brennan said...

I love the picture of J&J - does this mean neither of us should send you Christmas cards next year - or should we send you Thanksgiving cards to get on early!

Fish On The Wall said...

Uh-Oh. My 2 kiddos aren't up there. Oh Wait. I haven't mailed my Christmas Cards yet...
Ya know this year, well LAST Year, I did my cards at Halloween to make sure I'd get them out on time. Maybe I'm holding out for St Patrick's Day cards?