Monday, June 9, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy weekend around the McGel household. First our friends Kim & Rob came for a visit. They were in town to watch a Jesuit friend of Kim's be ordained. Then they took in all the sights and tastes that they could squeeze into such a short visit.


We also had an ordination to attend. Many of our seminary friends were ordained at this year's Northern Illinois Annual Conference. Here are a few pics:
Charlotte and Wes and their parents
Teran and his friends & family
Wes & Charlotte looking fabulous!
Proving we were present for the 3-hour-long service
These were just a couple of our deacon friends who were ordained. It gives me a great pleasure to see deacons being ordained. I hope that next year will be my turn...God/BOOM willing.

2 comments:

Wes, Charlotte & Brennan said...

Ah! We're really on your blog, I feel so famous or something...I must say, I need to find more/shorter events to wear that blouse to - I just love it =-)

Cup of Grace Coffee Shop said...

so i stumbled on your blog because of a post that Mira made on your wall and have to say that looking at the pictures of Wes getting ordained are so hopeful. Wes is my site-committee chair and such a blessing to be around. I've only met him 2 times, but was truly blessed.