Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie, File' Gumbo

About eleven months ago, we adopted our dog from the Animal House Shelter in Huntley, Illinois. His name was Sparks, but that didn't really work for us. So we renamed him Gumbo - a throwback to my New Orleans days. He really is quite a character, and I can hardly imagine our lives before Gumbo (sometimes called Jumbo by the neighborhood kids). If you sing to him, he comes and will dance with you...sometimes begrudgingly. But he's always game for a walk or a tummy rub.

One of the funniest things to me about Gumbo is his "fetching." He doesn't really know how to fetch. You throw the ball (or in our case the Moose, Hippo, or Roo), then he chases it. He never brings it back; he just runs away from you with it in his mouth. Often he will bring you the toy, just to get you to chase him. I think he's going to love it once we have a kid old enough to play with him in this way.

So, my organization got a grant to get a couple of Flip video cameras, and I took it home to try it out. Here's the result.


1 comment:

Elissa said...

Love it! Aren't those flip cameras cool? We have some at school that we love.