Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple...HOLLA!!!

Last Friday my good buddy Grace and I met halfway (her from the Milwaukee area and me from Chicago) at the Apple Holler in Wisconsin. The Apple Holler is a restaurant, apple orchard, petting zoo, corn maze...basically, everything that is fall in the Midwest. We ate a delicious lunch and then went apple pickin'.


We picked tart and sweet Cortland apples, mild Macoun apples, and gorgeous Asian pears.


It was a beautiful day with warm sun...that seemed to get warmer as the picking went on.


Grace found a lovely, interesting mushroom.


We came home with quite a bounty....lots of delicious fruit. I thought I would make apple and pear butter. But I just can't help eating them just as they are.

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Wonderful pictures! I keep passing Apple Holler on our way down to Chi-town: my friend Kathy told me about it one time. Maybe I'll have to do a halfway meeting of my own.

Wes, Charlotte & Brennan said...

We have finally updated our blog - your turn =-)

JB said...

Hey - is this really still your last post? I am starting to think I bookmarked this post or something :) Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend!